Audi A3 8L TDi wet carpet???

Paulm81

It has been raining non stop the last few day, every morning I have a puddle passenger front foot well? Cant seem to see where it’s coming from exactly but not usung any water?? 

Please any help or advice greatly appreciated thanks 

Hello Paul, 

Check that the drain holes in the plenum chambers under the bonnet are free from debris. You should be able to check these by gently lifting the plastic cover forward of the wipers.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2018 at 6:53 PM, Magnet said:

Hello Paul, 

Check that the drain holes in the plenum chambers under the bonnet are free from debris. You should be able to check these by gently lifting the plastic cover forward of the wipers.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Agree with Gareth. This is quite a common issue on VAG cars from this era. 

Cheers

Steve

• Like 1

I remove the wipers then the plastic along the front? Check drain holes under the plastic? I noticed a filter of some sort? Would this also cause blower moter to be noisy??

Hello Paul,

The filter is likely to be a pollen filter. I'm assuming your earlier-than-my A3 has a different location for it, since mine is up under the passenger footwell. Should change this every couple of years. 

From memory, I don't think you will need to remove the wipers, but simply gently lift where possible and you should be able to locate the drains.

Kind regards,

Gareth.