I have a 2005 (05 reg) A3 Sportback 3.2 Quattro Automatic that I'm selling and I'm seeking guidance on what price I can expect to get as reasonable and how best to sell. The engine management system light is showing and the engine misfires significantly at low / tick-over revs. I would like to sell "as seen" to an enthusiast who can get best value from my car and I obviously do not want to see my car scrapped. I'd appreciate any guidance any one can offer. many thanks.     

Hello Ian, and welcome to the forum.

Apologies for appearing rather critical, but you really don't give us anything like enough detail to allow a realistic asking price to be suggested for your car. 

Of course the basics, such as mileage, no. of owners, how long you have had it, service history and when last serviced, MoT etc. are essential markers in valuations, before even considering the all important actual condition of the car. 

My advice would be to fill in the necessary detail on sites such as We Buy Any Car, and see what valuations you get. If you consider the valuations to be less than you would like, then you could use the forum's section and advertise it - with photos and a full description - and choosing an asking price based on WBAC plus your additional on cost. 

Hope some of this might help.

Kind regards,

Gareth.