New owner

Derekco

Hello new A4 owner here although not a new Audi owner have owned audis particularly 4 coupes an A2 ,an A6 and finally an S2 . My car is a 2008 A4 2.0ltr Tdi SE  my question is this it's got a recall for emissions I have noticed loads of complaints about "the fix" is it worth getting it done or not I am loath to upset the running of the car with a software update. 

Hello Derek,

I think .....'.loath to upset the running of the car' .......probably sums this up. This coupled with the .' loads of complaints.... ' seems to answer your question. I appreciate that bad news travels faster than good news, but, as you rightly point out, bad news there certainly is! 

If you are happy with the current running of the car, and if you have any concerns (from what you you have read) about the potential adverse affects of subjecting your car to the emissions recall, then simply do not do it. Personally, I most certainly would not. 

If you (hopefully) decide not to subject it to the recall, then you must keep it well away from any VAG dealer from this point on, or they are likely to carry out this recall, whether you want it it not, and even possibly if they instruct them not to. 

Taking the car to an independent in the future? Not so sure on whether they can deal with this recall or not, so again worth steering clear during your ownership. 

Personally, I would not take a chance on a written statement declining the recall being effective if you do take it to a dealer in the future. 

As far as I am aware, you have the choice to ignore this action, and you are currently in the advantageous position of seeking advice before you decide - most seek advice from a position of discontent following having it done! 

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Kind regards,

Gareth.n