Noise from offside rear brake

John I

When driving off for the first time every day or if car has been parked for a while and driven about 100 metres there is a rattle from drivers side rear brake . I reported it twice to Audi garage and they say it is normal and the electronic brakes checking itself. I think this Audi BS but would be interested if any other owners have experienced it.

Hello John,

Looking at this from a detached point of view, is it reasonable for Audi to sell near-new cars which make a noise from the rear brakes under the conditions you describe? Personally, if a salesperson had informed me of this before parting with hard-earned, I think I would have chosen to by another marque. 

Would the 'reported this twice' mean that they have given you a verbal opinion that it is 'normal', but have not examined the car to ascertain whether there is anything wrong with it or not? 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

14 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hello John,

Looking at this from a detached point of view, is it reasonable for Audi to sell near-new cars which make a noise from the rear brakes under the conditions you describe? Personally, if a salesperson had informed me of this before parting with hard-earned, I think I would have chosen to by another marque. 

Would the 'reported this twice' mean that they have given you a verbal opinion that it is 'normal', but have not examined the car to ascertain whether there is anything wrong with it or not? 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for reply but I bought the car brand new and it’s been in AUDI workshop twice for this complaint with no fix

John

Thanks John,

So we now know that this car has been workshop examined as opposed to just getting a verbal opinion.

With knowledge of that, if it were mine, I would now be contacting Audi Customer Services and expressing my (understandable) discontents, and requesting an independent assessment of the problem.

Perhaps you could let us know how you get on.

Happy new year and kind regards,

Gareth.