Audi A8 Front Parking Sensors

Micheluzzu

I have a faulty parking sensor on my 2010 A8 and having bought a replacement i would like to remove the trim below the headlamp washer (which houses the sensor) without damage, can anyone help as Audi wanted £238 labour to remove the complete front bumper for wiring examination?

A - Copy.jpg

On 1/1/2019 at 5:24 PM, Micheluzzu said:

I have a faulty parking sensor on my 2010 A8 and having bought a replacement i would like to remove the trim below the headlamp washer (which houses the sensor) without damage, can anyone help as Audi wanted £238 labour to remove the complete front bumper for wiring examination?

A - Copy.jpg

Hi Mike, I believe the bumper trim just unclips from the bumper. However I have a suspicion the sensor is mounted from behind and as such access may be limited.

Cheers

Steve

On 1/7/2019 at 7:56 PM, Steve Q said:

Hi Mike, I believe the bumper trim just unclips from the bumper. However I have a suspicion the sensor is mounted from behind and as such access may be limited.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve. Thanks for the info. Looks like Audi will be getting the job after all as I am 70 and not about to start removing body panels. I've had the car for 4 1/2 years and have driven it to South West France 4 times without problems, amazing car!

7 hours ago, Micheluzzu said:

Hi Steve. Thanks for the info. Looks like Audi will be getting the job after all as I am 70 and not about to start removing body panels. I've had the car for 4 1/2 years and have driven it to South West France 4 times without problems, amazing car!

They are truly an amazing car!