Flashing LED Drivers door

David Wood

Hello

Audi A4 B6 2004 Convertible

I have a flashing LED on the drivers door. According to the handbook it indicates an issue with the alarm / security system. The central locking is working fine. Does anyone have any pointers to what maybe causing this fault?

Thanks

David 

10 hours ago, David Wood said:

Hello

Audi A4 B6 2004 Convertible

I have a flashing LED on the drivers door. According to the handbook it indicates an issue with the alarm / security system. The central locking is working fine. Does anyone have any pointers to what maybe causing this fault?

Thanks

David 

Hi David, alot of electrical issues can be be traced to the battery. I'd recommend you get the battery tested to see if it's working as it should be. If it's not that then a diagnostic check could be advised.

Cheers

Steve

1 minute ago, Steve Q said:

Hi David, alot of electrical issues can be be traced to the battery. I'd recommend you get the battery tested to see if it's working as it should be. If it's not that then a diagnostic check could be advised.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve

Thanks for reaching out. 

The car is new to me in the past 3 weeks, however I have a full service history including a receipt for new battery that was fitted 4 months ago. 

I'll drop it down my local garage and ask them to stick in their diagnostic computer.

David 

1 minute ago, David Wood said:

Hi Steve

Thanks for reaching out. 

The car is new to me in the past 3 weeks, however I have a full service history including a receipt for new battery that was fitted 4 months ago. 

I'll drop it down my local garage and ask them to stick in their diagnostic computer.

David 

Hi David, if you've only had the car 3 weeks then it might be worth taking it back to the dealer for them to look at it (if it came from a dealer that is).

Cheers

Steve

7 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Hi David, if you've only had the car 3 weeks then it might be worth taking it back to the dealer for them to look at it (if it came from a dealer that is).

Cheers

Steve

Private sale - V6 3L, Leather, Auto, Sat Nag, Bose speakers - £1200 - Such a fun car to drive, the roof is permanently down! 

Just now, David Wood said:

Private sale - V6 3L, Leather, Auto, Sat Nag, Bose speakers - £1200 - Such a fun car to drive, the roof is permanently down! 

Glad you're pleased with it 🙂 and in that case then your lovcal trusted garage is the best part of call 🙂