2009 Audi A5 2.0 TFSI Coupe 3d Multitronic

chad57

HI GUYS I'M A NEWBIE AND JUST BOUGHT THE ABOVE CAR PICKING UP AT THE WEEKEND  AND WONDERED IF THIS MODEL HAS SATNAV 

On 1/8/2019 at 7:21 PM, chad57 said:

HI GUYS I'M A NEWBIE AND JUST BOUGHT THE ABOVE CAR PICKING UP AT THE WEEKEND  AND WONDERED IF THIS MODEL HAS SATNAV 

Welcome to the forum Richard, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂

has the seller not told you if it has? 

i suspect it would have been an extra when new and if you want to have it fitted then you'll be looking at £500 to have it fitted at Audi. 

cheers

Steve

2 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Welcome to the forum Richard, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂

has the seller not told you if it has? 

i suspect it would have been an extra when new and if you want to have it fitted then you'll be looking at £500 to have it fitted at Audi. 

cheers

Steve

Thanks for you're reply Steve.

i asked the dealer who said he was not sure so i thought i'd check once back home.

I could find nothing to suggest the car has so maybe an easier cheaper option is a cheapie from eBay.

£500 seems a tad expensive to me but having seen one installed on the A3 i have to say i was impressed.

They actually pop up from console when ignition turns on so maybe i could be tempted.

From what i recall they are touch screen and bluetooth integrated with phone.

Do only Audi fit and supply these navs?

Richard

6 hours ago, chad57 said:

Thanks for you're reply Steve.

i asked the dealer who said he was not sure so i thought i'd check once back home.

I could find nothing to suggest the car has so maybe an easier cheaper option is a cheapie from ebay.

£500 seems a tad expensive to me but having seen one installed on the A3 i have to say i was impressed.

They actually pop up from console when ignition turns on so maybe i could be tempted.

From what i recall they are touch screen and bluetooth integrated with phone.

Do only Audi fit and supply these navs?

Richard

Hi Richard, I'd suspect that the a5 doesn't have satnav as I'm sure the dealer would use this as a selling point. 

For your local Audi dealer activates the satnav they have to plug the car directly to a computer at Audi Germany hence why it's so expensive. 

Cheers

Steve

Thx again Steve you're right the A5 don't have satnav as I phoned Audi who confirmed but told me they don't after fit satnav so wether its just my local dealership or not I'm not sure but funny they will install cruise control for me for £365

3 minutes ago, chad57 said:

Thx again Steve you're right the A5 don't have satnav as I phoned Audi who confirmed but told me they don't after fit satnav so wether its just my local dealership or not I'm not sure but funny they will install cruise control for me for £365

You're welcome. You could try a different dealer but truthfully I find it easier to use Google maps via handsfree on the mobile phone as it's more accurate. 

Cheers

Steve