Need RS5 engine

Paddy Brack

Can anyone please help. I’m looking for a reconditioned or reliable second hand engine for my 2011 RS5. I have tried a few places but they have been scammers and I have been very close to getting ripped off. Does any of you know of any genuine places I can trust?

Hello Patrick,

I guess you've registered your 'want' with such companies as Partsfinder (I think it's named) etc. who are linked to breaker's yards. These breakers will contact you if they have a suitable engine. 

Apologies if you already know of this avenue.

Kind regards, 

Gareth.

Yes I registered with them and got two offers that ended up being scams one of them being a company called Car-parts-supermarket ltd, its a registered company but it is a scam there have been 19 people scammed since the beginning of December so please be careful folks, I ended up getting one from Holland via eBay, thanks anyway.

• Like 1

Thanks Patrick,

Very useful feedback, which will hopefully keep others on their guard. It seems scammers are rife. Only paying by Paypal (not giving card details) is the way to go. At least if something goes wrong then there should be a comeback. As I understand it Paypal charges are lower if the transaction is a 'gift' , but there isn't any hope of claiming to get your money refunded via. this category. If the transaction is listed as 'Goods & services' (or something like that) then the seller incurs an extra charge - which they like to pass on to the buyer. Always worth paying the extra. 

Apologies if this is common knowledge to all.

Glad you got it sorted in the end.

Kind regards,

Gareth.