help please error code

turnerrob

hello, i have a 2010 a4 2.0 tdi and i am getting error code p101600  valve for air filter bypass flap open circuit , what do i need to replace to rectify this fault,what exact part do i need to buy thanks 

• 1 year later...

Hi Turnerrob,

It could be that the seal has withered and the flap is not operating correctly. If your handy with the car, take the EGR and connecting unit off, inspect and if dirty clean with some EGR cleaner and a toothbrush. You can replace the units and see if the code clears ( you'll need a scanner that can clear the OBD fault code ). If the code does not clear, get a refurbed unit and fit it, this should clear up your errors.

If not, just take the car to a mechanic you know / trust and give them the error code. If they suggest a new parts, i would say to try and get second hand / refurb as some new ones can cost €300. If they suggest mapping out i would advise against this as it can lead to problems down the line.

Hopefully this helps.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem on my Q5 3.0 tdi with the same code which appeared after I changed the gearbox oil? and the gears started make noise and not engaging properly. Can this fault cause the gear malfunctioning? It is written ...bypass flap air cleaner valve ...Open circuit. But above that in blue is written ..Checking coding/versions of control modules in drivetrain?

Can anyone please assist how to go about this.

Thanks

Z