oil issue

chad57

Hi guys ive just bought the 2009 audi A5 tfsi automatic coupe and after reading up on them i came across an article stating these motors should be avoided as they have serious oil problems as they seem to guzzle it.

I'm now wondering what the heck i've done buying such a motor and really took the shine off my new car.

Is this really a serious problem and if so can anything be done about it under a short warranty?

Hi Richard, my key question is your a5 consuming oil at an alarming rate? If the answer is yes and you have a warranty or recently bought it from a garage my advice would be to take it back to be assessed. 

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve i'm picking the car up today but worried after reading a few articles on the problems the cars are having with oil consumption

Hello Richard,

Check your agreement - you should have a 'cooling off' period, and it may make more sense to cancel the sale rather run the risk of trying to make any claim to resolve a potential issue.

The answer to the question of whether this particular car consumers oil or not, rests with the last registered keeper. 

Have you made contact with this person to find out the 'full background' about it before committing to buy? Most people will find my constant reference to this important step as being very boring but....... The full story about any vehicle rests there, and not necessarily with 'full service history' or not. Problem is, (understandably) most people fall in love with the look of a secondhand car, and the toys its fitted with, and we all know of phrase about love and blindness. 

Sorry to be blunt Richard, but if you have any concerns then now is the time to have them, and to make a decision. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.