DPF EGR AND REMAP

Chris.m

Hi Chris when you say have the dpf and egr done, do you mean remove? If so it'll be an mot failure if you remove the dpf. 

With regards to the remap you should get good bhp gains but you must make sure your car is well maintained and any mechanical issues sorted otherwise it could affect the cars reliability. 

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve, Yeah the DPF will be gutted but left in place so it looks like it's still on the car so won't be an mot failure. EGR will be blanked off then because of these 2 bits being done will need a remap car is in great working order apart from the above it's serviced regular will go from 136bhp to just under 200bhp so looking forward to that part of it haha, just wondered what people's thoughts were on having this done ? 

Cheers 

Chris 

Yeah I know what you mean but the way this done it's hidden because they drop the sub frame and drill a hole closest to the block on the top of the DPF so there is no reason for this to be seen and also where I take it for an mot will be the same garage that will be doing the work so all good on that part ,surely having this work done will solve and improve the drive of the car? thanks for your advice on this thou Steve 

Also be cautious as I question the legality of the garage carrying out this work and also carrying out your MOT. If I were you I'd read the small print before you sign/or pay any money as I'll bet there's a clause so that any illegal work carried out doesn't come back on them. 

I'm not trying to rain on your parade or be all negative but I don't won't to see you getting stung/caught out. As I say the remap isn't the issue it's the removal of the dpf that's the problem. I believe if you're caught the fine is around £1000 abd let's be honest if your car is pumping out a lot of smoke then this is a clear sign to the police or a traffic officer that something isnt quite right. 

Cheers

Steve

Don't forget MOT's have been changed last year for diesel emissions i.e. no visible smoke, so I hope you have a very good remap?

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/mot-changes-20-may-2018

Thanks Steve and Neil I will question this with the garage 

The remap on my insurance was good £30 for the year just need to get to the bottom of this DPF problem.

Cheers 

Chris 

You're welcome, I just wouldn't want you to getting stung or mislead by the garage, even if you've trusted them for years. That's a cheap increase by your insurance, sure you're happy with that 🙂

Cheers

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

DPF EGR REMAP all done runs like an absolute dream now 177bhp no smoke which is even better I was abit worried about it being done but now it's done I am very happy with the outcome cheers all