A6 AllRoad Heating problems

Hoggy1972

Having some issues with the heating in my 2006 A6 Allroad. The basic issue is that the heating doesn't work very well. When its cold i get no hot air coming out of the windscreen vents which makes it hard to clear the windscreen. I also only get warm air coming out of the some, but not all of the other vents so the car take a long time to heat up and, to be honest, is not the most pleasant place tobe on a cold morning. Thank god for the heated seats!.

I have changed the heating pump (under the cover in the engine bay) but this hasn't made any difference.  Any ideas anyone? 

Hello Tim,

I feel for you this morning as I sit here in the warm, looking out over white frosted fields! 

Boringly, I would need somemore information before being able to comment, so could you let us know:- 

Does the coolant temperature gauge get up to normal ( around 90 degrees) within approx. 2 miles from first starting the car in the morning? 

When you say you have changed the 'heating pump' - do you mean the water pump? 

Kind regards,

Gareth.