Ecu/ relay box flooded

Stax

Hi all

New member and new owner of a 2007 A4 diesel Avant which I've just had my first bit of trouble with.

Previous owner or mechanic left out back screws on ecu box and water got in causing the fan to come on, the alarm to sound and run down the battery.

A quick Internet search led me to find the submerged relays so I dried everything out and the car started on the button, ran for a few minutes then died and wouldn't start again.

Tested the 614 relay and seemed fine but the two 395's are  not working so I'll get a couple tomorrow.

Any advice on anything else to look out for/check/ replace would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum Kevin, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂

usually the water ingress is from the battery tray which is caused by blocked drain holes in the bottom of the tray. 

however if it's already been flooded then I think you'll probably need a new ecu and other electronic modules unfortunately. My advice would be to get a diagnostic check carried out to see what fault codes flag up. 

cheers

Steve