Infotainment system

Mike1963

Hi every one this is my first post,

I'm thinking of getting my Wife an A3 Diesel, at the moment my wife has my old Passat, but its very tatty now as it

was my old cab. We are also looking at the 118d but to be honest the cabin looks so much sweeter on the A3.

What I was wondering was, what variant and year did the radio on top of the dash come in this in my opinion looks so good, 

the years we are looking at are between 2010/2014.

Mike

Welcome to the forum Mike, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂

the radio on top of the dash only came in on the 2013 and onwards. This model is known as the 8v. The model prior to 2013 is known as the 8p. They're both totally different cars. 

cheers

Steve

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Welcome to the forum Mike, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂

the radio on top of the dash only came in on the 2013 and onwards. This model is known as the 8v. The model prior to 2013 is known as the 8p. They're both totally different cars. 

cheers

Steve

Thanks Steve, I know what to search for now.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/10/2019 at 5:38 PM, Steve Q said:

cheers

Steve

(Hi again,do all the models from 2013 (8v) on wards have DAB ? and do they all have the facility to connect an iphone or android phone ?.

Mike

3 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Hi Mike, my dad had a 2013 a3 8v complanu car and it was an see spec and it definitely had both features.

Cheers

Steve

Thanks Steve

Thats good to hear

thourght it might need an upgrade to do the phones.

Mike