Software Update (MMI etc..)

Wesley949

Hi everyone, it’s been a while so many apologies for being away.  Hope you’re all having a good start to the New Year.

Just asking around...software updates for the A6.  I know there is a new Navigation SD card update for my vehicle, but I was wondering whether there is any updates to the existing MMI system and Bluetooth.

I have a 2016 (66 Plate) Audi A6 2.0 TDI Ultra 190PS S-Tronic.  

On the MMI system, the version information is as follows;

Software Version:  RMC_EU_P16092

Navigation Database Version:  8X0919884J - P32-50-15.03

Bluetooth Software Version:  3.70.3

I am just having issues with my Apple iPhone 8 Plus which connects normally but takes an age to start playing music from my Music Library.  Sometimes when trying to play, the Bluetooth on the MMI which automatically switch the Discovery OFF or will turn the Bluetooth OFF.  Audi Customer Service refused to believe there was any issue with the vehicle although advised me to see my local Audi Service Centre (which I have not done yet).

I have since removed ALL paired devices, reset my Network data on the iPhone and started again.  It connects a tad faster but it’s pretty much the same and when making phone calls, whether it’s a 3G or 4G call,I get a horrible scratching sound during the ringtone and during the call.  I’ve had to cancel calls before because of the noise and poor signal.

Im just enquiring to see if there are any updates and whether this will fix any issues I am experiencing.

Thank you all for your time and assistance.

Edited by Wesley949

I dunno anything about 66 plate A6s, I recently bought a 14 plate A4. There's an update on cd for my MMI, but it's well over 200 quid for it from Audi. The geeza there said I was lucky mine was on cd, some will only update off an sd card and those are double the price 😲

• Like 1

Hey Wes. My 2016 Q3 does exactly the same. Same Bluetooth version etc. I rang Audi uk to ask if there was an update, they didn’t know. The local dealership want to look at it (and charge me a fortune no doubt). They can’t tell me if there an update either ...... well, I say ‘can’t’ perhaps it’s won’t.

I just went in to the Audi dealership near where I work, taking the MMI instalation cd in with me. I had 2 questions, is there an MMI and map update, and about linking the 'My Audi' app to my car.

They told me my car was too old and didn't have the software or hardware to link to My Audi. Also that there was an update for my MMI and maps on cd which would cost me well over 200 quid, 276 if I remember right.

I didn't buy my car from an Audi dealer and have never been to this place before. They couldn't have been nicer. The information was free, however, I wasn't offered coffee either.

I did buy an Audi A4 key fob while I was there 😄

• 2 weeks later...

Thank-you for your replies guys...sorry for my delay in acknowledging them.

Sorry you guys are also experiencing a few queries regarding the MMI system.  I am still yet to visit my Audi Service Centre as I cannot seem to get the time to visit them.  I knew every year there is a MAP update but at a silly price, but to carry out the Navigation Update/Upgrade you first need to upgrade the MMI system, but I am unaware whether the MMI is updated with the Navigation installation or if it is a separate software install.

About a year ago, I only enquired with my Service Centre regarding the Navigation upgrade and I was quoted £285.00 (ouch) for the MMI/Navigation upgrade but they would need to order the Navigation software and I would need to book the vehicle in and not just turn up.  With the 2019 Navigation software, I can only guess the price would still be near the £300 marker which I do not agree with but rumour has it, with the upgrade, the vehicle needs to be plugged in to the Audi Engineers computer and have a few things tweaked, so the installation cannot be done at home.  This is just a rumour though so I could be very much mistaken.

Okay, I can purchase a decent TomTom device (with WIFI and Bluetooth) for £200 but I do not like this idea of using a TomTom device when my vehicle has Navigation built-in, so I would be tempted to get an amended quote and maybe have my vehicle booked-in.  At least I will not be doing this Annually.

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Any update on this? Picked up a 2016 A6 c7 2 weeks ago from a non-Audi dealership and having the exact same problem! Always deactivates Bluetooth after ending a phone call too! Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My A3 TFSi has an SD card (slots into  SD1 card reader in the glove box) called Europa ver 2016.   (8V0 919 866D.)  Can I simply buy a 2020 version of this SD card and replace the  2016 card?

Thank you

On 9/3/2020 at 2:42 PM, JMP said:

Frustrated at being sent the wrong way in France!  How can I update the built in Satnav without paying Audi £250+?

thanks

Got the update price from Audi Watford today. £580!!!!  Unbelievable.

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

Will this work for me, vcoding?

A3, reg Jan 2016; S-line TFSi

The satnav works of  SD card in the glove box.  The card in t  at the moment is Europa ver. 2016

I've had Audi dealers offering to update for prices varying from £285 to over £500!!  They say the MMI needs to be programmed to take the new SD card.

Thanks!

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/9/2020 at 6:37 AM, vcoding said:

Hi guys, new member here. Can offer latest RMC software updates and latest 2020 maps at half price of what dealers ask. pm me for info 🙂

Hi, I have an audi a6 c7 2011 with rmc factory(i think) firmware. Any chance I can do an update on that? Thank you

• 6 months later...

Morning all. I hope everybody had a good Christmas. New to site and new to Audi! I purchased a 2012 Audi A6 tdi 2 weeks ago and love it so far. Lovely car to drive. 

I have found over past two days however that the display on the Bluetooth is freezing on song played via Spotify. Songs themselves play with no issue once controlled from the phone. It's just the display frozen. Is this common? Is there an update I need to do? Attached is the current software  and Bluetooth status 

IMG_20211227_130633.jpg

• 1 month later...

I recently bought the software SD cards for my 2014 Audi A4, with map upgrades 2021/2022. Not sure if I can copy these onto more SD cards to update anyone elses maps, but it might work. It said it works with A4-A5-Q5-Q7, but I can't be sure, it definitely upgraded my 8yr old maps, and added new features like lane assist.

It updates maps to HN+_EU_AU3G_K0942_3  

Database: ECE 6.33.1

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, evopilot said:

very interested in following this thread, my car came without the SD card for maps and it bugs me i dont have navigation 😕

Do you not have Nav at all, or is it just out of date? 

6 hours ago, evopilot said:

The function is there in the car but as their is no SD card inserted it has never worked 😕

Mine work from its internal hard drive, but needs updating from time to time. My wife has a Leon FR, which needs an SD card to run it, so it sounds like you're running the same system as her. You can buy them on eBay, about £30, we looked at updating hers, but she just connects her phone via Android Auto and uses Google Maps instead.