Can't get phone numbers into MMI

Simon P

I've recently got a 14 plate A4 TDI 136 SE Technic. I can't figure out how to get my phone contacts to come up in the car phone book.

I'm a truck driver. My truck is a Merc. As soon as the Bluetooth systems hook up, I can call up all of my contacts, missed calls, received calls and dialed out numbers. Not with the car, same year as the truck BTW. My phone hooks up no problem. I've tried to go through the memory section, download phone book, it tells me phone book downloading for about 3 minutes (guess). But still no phone numbers in memory. I've manually entered 3 of my most important numbers, they show up but that's it.

My phone is a BlackBerry One, with up to date Android system in front of BlackBerrys background OS.

Few things to check 

Memory in the mmi full. Reseting car bluetooth settings can help. 

On the phone check if the contacts are shared. Go to bluetooth and press on settings on the car connection. There you will have a slider to turn on/off

That looks like some useful things to try, thanks.

I've noticed there are 3 other phones in the cars phone Bluetooth memory, each with some contacts in their associated phone books. They all show a max of 2000 each, as does mine. None have anything like that number of contacts, so I hadn't thought that was a problem. Perhaps there's a max of 2000 in total, which it's possible the three phones are approaching, although I don't think so. I'll try clearing that lot out first when I get back at the weekend.

I'm taking a load of British exports to Germany this week. This is obviously a none existent job, if you believe what you read in the papers. I'll be doing 2500 kms with an empty truck just for the hell of it. Who'll be paying for the 1000 litres of diesel, my wages or the truck I've no idea. Our customers used to do this, but they apparently don't exist according to those same papers.

I haven't changed any of my phones Bluetooth settings. I was guessing that if everything worked in the truck, it should also work in the car. So that's another angle to look at.

I tried deleting all external Bluetooth devices, twice. But still have 3 other mobile phones listed in my cars memory.

I obviously had to reconnect my own phone and whilst doing that I noticed a little tick box had popped up on my phone, but didn't get the chance to see what it was it came and went so quickly. I guessed it would be a  bt setting so went into there to check. Right enough, allow contact details wasn't ticked. As soon as I allowed that, my phonebook copied over. Happy Days 😁