TOW BAR NEW Q3 NOT AVAILABLE, BONKERS !!!

DINO 123

Hi people, just ordered my new Q3 40 TDI Quatrro Stronic and need to have a factory fit tow bar, the whole Q3 range has the factory option but excludes the 40TDI Quattro. can anyone tell me why and what is the logic behind this seemingly barmy exclusion to the range?

No one and I mean no one at Audi can tell me why.

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum Barry, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂

usually towbars cannot be fitted either due to the running gear of the vehicle or due to the chassis set up. This can even includebthings like exhausts being in the way etc. 

Or Audi may not have approved the towbar for your specific model of Q3. 

my advice would be to contact witter or westfalia to see if they fit them. 

cheers

Steve

Thanks for your reply, I have spoken to all the major manufacturers, Witter, Westfalia etc and they cannot help any, in fact Witter did not even know that the Q3 had undergone any face lift or changes.

It's just so difficult to understand why only the 1 model out of the 8 or so derivatives seems to be excluded when the body for all is just the same..

Thanks.

Barry.

Hi again Steve, yep, already done that too, whilst the people at Audi CS were most helpful they too were perplexed as to why the 40 TDI Quattro is not available with a factory fit bar when every other derivative of the Q3 is.

This could cost Audi dearly world wide losing people like me who want and need a tow  bar I think.

Cheers.

Barry.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/12/2019 at 8:49 AM, DINO 123 said:

Hi again Steve, yep, already done that too, whilst the people at Audi CS were most helpful they too were perplexed as to why the 40 TDI Quattro is not available with a factory fit bar when every other derivative of the Q3 is.

This could cost Audi dearly world wide losing people like me who want and need a tow  bar I think.

Cheers.

Barry.

Did you get any further with this Barry? 

My advice would be to keep on at Audi untill you have an answer. 

Cheers

Steve

Hi, yes, Audi say they are not offering the tow bar option on the Diesel Quattro, the only derivative across the range, as a result they have lost me unfortunately to a new Tiguan R Line Tech.

Thanks Steve, I have the Tiggy delivered on Monday, the level of equipment on the R Line Tech is not only amazing but if you spec up the Q3 the same it costs you an astonishing 8 grand more, now that's madness.

Have a great weekend Steve.

Cheers

Barry and Tiggy.

Great spec indeed Steve and waiting time a no brainer, I pick it up tomorrow.

All the best.

Barry.

Forgot to mention Steve, all this and £32 OTR, nicely sat in my drive now.

Regards.

Barry.

• 2 years later...
On 2/12/2019 at 2:58 AM, DINO 123 said:

Hi people, just ordered my new Q3 40 TDI Quatrro Stronic and need to have a factory fit tow bar, the whole Q3 range has the factory option but excludes the 40TDI Quattro. can anyone tell me why and what is the logic behind this seemingly barmy exclusion to the range?

No one and I mean no one at Audi can tell me why.

Thanks.

Dino 123

I received my Q3 40 sportsback with the promise the toe bar would follow shortly (Part of the original order). Car booked in to have the tow bar fitted with it at the dealer, then I get a call saying Germany is not going to update the software, and therefore the electrics won't work. I'm to call Customer Service to find out what happens next. If the car wasn't able to have a toe bar I wouldn't have bought it.