cigarette socket permanently on, how to change to turn on with ignition

krolwioski

Hi,
I do have an issue that I would like to change, my Audi's A3 2004 year cigarette socked is permanently on, when I turn off car it would charge plugged device until car battery is dead.
I have recently bought dashcam, when I leave it unplugged for few nights or weekend battery in my car is dead and I need to charge it.
Is there any DIY (preferably easy) way to change that cigarette socket to only give power with ignition? As O have called my local Audi salon, I have spoke with mechanic, not receptionist, and he was not able to tell me over the phone if they are able to change it without taking my car in, so it is like one hour labour waste if they take it and tell me that they are not able to change it. So I am looking for any way to do it myself.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2019 at 12:12 PM, krolwioski said:

Looks like I have an answer already, as I have flipped fuse taps around, will test that later.

Did it work for you and if so what did you do so i can do it as i have the same problem