Airbag light

owenb341

Hi everyone,

I have a B6 Avant 1.9tdi quattro. Just had it serviced, and replaced a battery today. 

The other night the airbag light decided to intermittently come on. I put this down initially to having a dodgy battery as other lights were coming on and off on the dash. 

I had the car serviced and they cleared all faults, and informed me the battery was kaput! So changed the battery and the Airbag light is still on. Now and then it'll flicker and come back on. I have checked all under seat connections and they are fine. Just not had chance yet to disconnect clean and re-connect. 

Could anyone else offer any help and advice as to what it potentially could be.

Cheers

Ok, 

So I have found a code, 

Crash sensor side airbag, drivers side (G179) sporadic. 

I am led to believe that this is located in the base of the B pillar. 

Does anyone know the best way to gain access and remove the trim without breaking it.

Cheers

Hi Steve Q,

I found the location and pulled some trim back just to confirm, just need to source the sensor. 

Part code is 8E0959643 RB4 HV.

Now I've found hundreds with the 8E0 bit but none in the UK or cheap with the RB4 HV.

Do you know if it has to be that specific part???

Cheers 

8 hours ago, owenb341 said:

Hi Steve Q,

I found the location and pulled some trim back just to confirm, just need to source the sensor. 

Part code is 8E0959643 RB4 HV.

Now I've found hundreds with the 8E0 bit but none in the UK or cheap with the RB4 HV.

Do you know if it has to be that specific part???

Cheers 

Your best bet is to check with Audi UK. If it were me I'd be trying to find a matching part number. However I can't imagine the airbags changing too much during the production run. Unless there was a known fault with them obviously. But the you would have thought would have been classed as a recall if there were one.

Cheers

Steve

• 2 months later...

I suspect the airbag the faultcode relates to is the drivers seat airbag. I would definitely start there before ripping out your trim.

Pull apart the plug under the seat, pinch the connections together slightly and reconnect. Should fix it. Do both sides while you have your tools out!