Problem

Glenwilson

• 1 month later...

You can purchase new clips cheap enough. It’s a common fault on all VAG vehicles. To explain why you have big drop in power it’s because to pressurised air (from a turbo or supercharger) being forced into the engine is escaping . So the engine can’t make the power it is supposed to be doing. I am surprised your car isn’t going into limp mode too, as the ECU will be picking up low boost signals.

i am interested to see the fix Paul 👍

13 hours ago, Dan3222 said:

You can purchase new clips cheap enough. It’s a common fault on all VAG vehicles. To explain why you have big drop in power it’s because to pressurised air (from a turbo or supercharger) being forced into the engine is escaping . So the engine can’t make the power it is supposed to be doing. I am surprised your car isn’t going into limp mode too, as the ECU will be picking up low boost signals.

i am interested to see the fix Paul 👍

I was suffering from irregular idle, boost problems as well, was told it was a common fault and thought this was best solution two small self tapping screws, al problems have stopped so far

A3475DC6-8D7A-4B16-BC3C-5DC6C744D25F.jpeg

Ok. A permenant fix if a little extreme.😉

If anyone wants to go down this route just one screw would be sufficient but, and this is a big but, you must ensure all the metal debris is cleared out of the internal of the pipes as that being blown into the internals of the engine could be pretty bad for the engine.

I still think new o-ring sell for the pipe plus a new clip would sort it fine.

• Like 1