LED Matrix headlight issue

Ace8800

Hello all, 

I have just bought a Audi A6 with LED Matrix headlights, i think they are fantastic and love the way they look and work.

However i noticed after a warning message popped up saying the adaptive headlight not working and dipped light error. So i walk out the car and notice 2 of the 9 small LEDs are not working (driver side -last two on right)

On Sat they were fine, Sunday stopped working, Monday ok, Tues not working in the morning but ok after work. 

My question is 

1. what can be wrong and

2. Are they replaceable?

Car has full warranty (not Audi).

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

***PROBLEM FIXED***

finally got to the bottom of the problem. I had it booked in to Audi for a health check and they told me about the light and the cost to repair was £1857.56, because the bulbs can't be replaced for repaired so the whole headlight needs to be changed.... yes ridiculous! 

So i called the place where i bought the car from and they told me to drop it off and they will investigate. 

Got a call next day and they almost gave up considering giving me a refund on the car.. but were going to try one more thing.. and yes its all good now.. that one thing they replaced was the Ballast.. the fricking Ballast which cost under £200.... WAKE UP AUDI!! AND STOP THESE LIES TO CON YOUR CUSTOMERS. 

So if anyone has the same issue, here is your fix!

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...