New Audi owner

Jake_g1

Evening all. recently bought my first audi, its an a4 (B6) avant se. 1.9 tdi 6 speed manual. happy with it so far, apart from a few niggling problems lol, fingers crossed nothing serious as i might start to regret it otherwise. its not a perfect example but it's clean with fsh, a cambelt at 141k (on 151K now) came with cruise control as well which is a bonus. hoping i dont need to spend too much time on here looking for answers. cheers all

IMG_20190219_162748.jpg

IMG_20190219_162754.jpg

IMG_20190219_162805.jpg

IMG_20190219_162816.jpg

thanks 😄

yeah the car is really clean inside and has a few age related marks outside but nothing that you could spot without looking closely! Having issues with the windscreen blowers not working (think the servo is dead) and intermittent abs/esp lights both coming on randomly, hoping its just the brake switch. otherwise it drives very well and is super comfy. on the hunt for some roof bars next so i can start loading the bike up and going on some road trips in it 😄 

I'd recommend you check the battery and battery tray. If the tray drain holes are blocked then water can get into the cabin right near the electrics. Which naturally does damage. An easy tell tale sign is wet carpets in the front footwells. 

Cheers

Steve

15 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

I'd recommend you check the battery and battery tray. If the tray drain holes are blocked then water can get into the cabin right near the electrics. Which naturally does damage. An easy tell tale sign is wet carpets in the front footwells. 

Cheers

Steve

I'm confused?

• Like 1

Hello Jake,

So you’ve now looked at your carpets as Steve’s good advice recommends. Fortunately they are dry, so again fortunately? your electrical issues are unlikely to be associated with this, not uncommon problem. Sound advice, and it’s probably a difference in senses of humour, but personally, I’m struggling to see anything funny about it. You will now need to look elsewhere for the causes of your ABS issues, and perhaps someone else may help you out with this problem - I know where I’d now be looking, but...

Kind regards,

Gareth.

On 2/23/2019 at 10:31 PM, Jake_g1 said:

Why am I looking for water? My carpets aren't wet lol

Thats great to hear 🙂 atleast you can cancel out water leaking into the car as an issue for the electrical issues.