Brake Fluid Warning Light

RichJW

Hi,

65 plate, A3 Sportback.

At my recent MOT, the brake fluid warning light came on, but as Audi were going to charge me over £60, I took it to a friend who is a manager at a Nissan dealership who did it for a third of that cost.

I thought I would be able to reset the "Inspection due" warning that I receive every time I turn the engine on, in the same way I do when the tyres are properly inflated, however I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know how I can reset the warning as the brake fluid has now been changed?

Thanks,

Rich

• 1 month later...

hi Rich 

you can not reset the faults from the car settings 

you will need to go to a garage or get yourself a little bluetooth diagnostic tool from the internet 

you can find very cheap ones which will only find the faults and easily reset them or get the obdeleven one for about £40 and will might be handy for a few changes here and there 

On 4/26/2019 at 9:08 PM, The Brummie Mechanic said:

What region are you in? If you are local I could reset it for you

Thanks for the offer, however I'm in Nottingham and assume you are in Birmingham judging by your username?

Well I am in Tamworth, staffordshire so yes a fair distance away. By any chance did you comment on my video on YouTube?

Oh and if you can get hold of vcds I can run through what settings in basic settings to adjust to correct the service light. Some Audi's do suffer from being unable to reset if it has gone past the service due reminder. Have had to do it the vcds way a few times rather than the manual or simple way.

• 4 years later...

I own an 2016 Audi A3. My brake fluid light came on but there is no leak. Had that checked by 3 different mechanics. No-one seems to know how to turn the light off. Any thoughts? Audi dealer wants to charge me a bunch of diagnostic fees plus the dealer won't pass the inspection:(

Edited by Geri
Add more

Hello Geri,

Thanks for joining and welcome. 
I guess we are talking the brake fluid level light here-? 
If so, and the level is acceptable, then suspect the float/level sensor or its connections. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.