Software update

Sage9

So I take my SQ7 in for its first significant service since I bought it.  Oil and filter change plus usual phone call to suggest I might like to pay extra to have sun roof "serviced", extra for this and that and would I like to pay main dealer price to have a slow puncture repair?  No I would not.  Half an hour later there is a slight problem.  We have attempted a software update and it has not worked so you cannot have the car back today.  That was Tuesday 26 February.  It is now Thursday 7 March and my car remains immobile at the main dealer.  Vorsprung Durch Technik my **se, I have had more reliable Range Rovers. Still nothing to worry about "Audi Technical" are on the case, it just takes them up to 48 hours to reply to any question the dealer has.

On Monday 4 March up pops an email from Audi UK:  "We care about the customer service you received on your recent visit to York Audi and would like to hear about your experience with us."  Well they did not seem so keen when I rang them up and gave them my opinion of my experience.

So what would should I expect from a main dealer working on an £80k car with less than 20,000 miles?  I am seriously tempted to tell them where to file the £600 bill.

• 2 weeks later...