SD card missing

Reddizat24

Hi everyone,

Just purchased my first Audi (A4) on a 16 plate from a non Audi dealer. 

Really pleased with it but my ducks been knocked off because I've noticed the SD card is missing for the sat nav!!!

Phoned Audi up who wants £200 for a new card  ( with a minimum 2 week delay) and £96 for coding!!!  

Is their anyway around this???

SPurchased audiq3 from a Audi dealer sat nav sd card missing.dealer ordered sd card from Germany three weeks ago.no sign of card arriveing.Was the car advertised with satnav if so dealer should pay for sd card etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I test drove a 2016 A4 at Big Motoring World on Sunday. When I asked about both the SD Card and second key, I was told that if they had them they were kept at their collection centre but they made no guarantees that they were present and they had no mechanism in place to check. If I bought the car, the first time I would know if it had both keys and sat nav card would have been when I collected it. I wasn't prepared to take a £15k gamble and bought from a Main Dealer on Monday. £900 pounds more, but with all the Audi used car benefits - Warranty, road side assistance etc and both keys and SD Card.

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply Silver Rocket. When I first enquired about my Audi I was told that the car had only 1 key also. Part of the 'deal' was that the dealer got the key at trade price on my behalf, thus saving me around £50. I've just had the new key coded at Sheffield Audi at a cost of £99. 

Since my first post about the SD card,  the dealer has ordered me a new SD card from Audi at his expense. We've yet to discuss who's gonna cover the cost of having that coded in! There's a 2 week delay on it arriving from Germany!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How are you RIchard .Have you received the SD Card for your satnav yet.Still waiting for mine.Spoke to dealer still on order.What does your dealer say about the hold up.Thats if you haven’t received sdcard. I’m a bit concerned that my dealer has not ordered SD Card.Same story every time i approach dealer still on order.

Hi James,

I actually didn't buy my A4 direct from Audi but rather through an independent dealer. However, when I complained to him that my A4 spec should come supplied with a SD card he ordered one from my local Audi dealer (Sheffield) as a sign of goodwill. I contacted him about 2 weeks ago and he told me he would chase Audi up. He got back to me and informed me that Audi had said that there is a backlog in Germany from the manufacturers and they are slow sending them out to all of Europe. I pointed out that a third of 2019 is almost over and I am still waiting for a 2019 SD card. The irony eh???

Hi James

Unexpectedly got my SD card from dealer this morning. However, when I try to load it up, it only loads up about 25% and then a display comes up saying the sat navigation system needs enabling. I'm thinking that everything needs activating by Audi!

Have they quoted you a price to do yours?

Regards

Richard

Hya rich.sd card will have to be activated by Audi main dealer or an independent Audi dealer.My independent Audi dealer has the equipment to do it.There is a charge for doing it. ive been a customer with the dealer for 20 years and bought several cars from him he won’t charge me for this.The car was advertised with satnav so he was obliged to sort it out .Should be the same with your dealer.Best of luck.