TT QUATTRO CONVERTIBLE

Simo

Hi

I was wondering if someone could advise where to sell my TT other autotrader!

my car is in immaculate condition, 03 plate and only 36810 miles . 1.8T 225bhp - silver

Hard top 

full service history

i love it but I only did 70 miles last year and 300 the year before so it’s just not viable to keep it any longer.

i have had several offers already however I believe it worth more is anyone able to guide me or advise the best place to sell it and a dealer saw it in my drive and posted his number as he’s interested too.

A steer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

David

4 hours ago, Simo said:

Hi

I was wondering if someone could advise where to sell my TT other autotrader!

my car is in immaculate condition, 03 plate and only 36810 miles . 1.8T 225bhp - silver

Hard top 

full service history

i love it but I only did 70 miles last year and 300 the year before so it’s just not viable to keep it any longer.

i have had several offers already however I believe it worth more is anyone able to guide me or advise the best place to sell it and a dealer saw it in my drive and posted his number as he’s interested too.

A steer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

David

Hi David, I'll move this thread to the for sale section but you'll need to add pics and a price. 

Cheers

Steve 🙂

Hello David,

I would consider your car would warrant advertising in the mainstream classic car publications. There is now a magazine called ‘Modern Classics’ (or something similar), and this could be worth a look at. There are others. 

Re. advice on pricing/value :- I feel you have an idea of the car’s worth, since you mention several of the offers received to date are lower than your expectations. You could be right with your view, and if you can afford the space and time to hang onto it, then you might well achieve the price you think it is worth. Selling even nice examples of cars is sometimes not straightforward, and I recall putting a 8,000 mile from new Morris 1000 into a classic car auction, and asking the auctioneer’s advice on its valuation. The reply was ‘ It’s worth what someone is prepared to write a cheque for on the day, and that might be very much different in value to tomorrow’s cheque!’ 

Anticipated offer from dealer? This could be attractive, but logic would suggest that he will be expecting to make a healthy and worthwhile profit beyond your anticipated valuation. His msark-up is likely to be considerable, since understandably his net profit will be eroded by 25% VAT together with an additional approx. 20% going in tax. 

I could be wrong, but I’m with Steve’s suggestion which recommends you advertise an asking price. Simply stating ‘offers’ is likely to render you open to unwanted lower-than-expected offers, or putting others off on the basis that their approaches may be a waste of their/your time.

Good luck in finding the car a good home.

Kind regards,

Gareth.