Auto Lights

SteveSE

I have a 2011 a4 sline with xenons and rear led ights.

The issue is, if it is one that i have just noticed with the light switch on auto in day light i can swith either the front orr rear fogs on

and all my ights come on.

For example if i press the rear fogs with the swich on auto in day light the rear fogs come on plus all the lights front and rear,like wise when i press the front fogs,head lights come on and rear lights and then obviously fronf fogs.

Can any one enlighten me on this,is it standard on these cars or if any one has a similar vehicle does this happen on there's.?

Thanks

Hi Steve,

I've not been out to my car yet today to check but I would imagine that it will work the same, I don't think any car I've ever owned has been able to switch the fog lights on without any other lights being on, I'm not sure why you would want to. In fog the auto lights do not always switch the lights on as there can still be enough brightness.

• Like 1

A fair point indeed Andy.

There's nothing in the owners manual stating this option but fortunately two of my friends one with 59 reg A4 Sline

and the other with a 10 plate A5 ,both with xenons on share this function.

Thanks for the reply Intresting to see if your newer Audi does this,seems a good saftey issue to be honest if its too

light to  activate auto lights but need the fogs on.

Hi Steve,

I don't actually have my Audi yet, it's to be delivered next month but I tried what you were saying on my Mini Countryman.

With auto lights switched on but the lights not on if I switch the rear fog lights on nothing happens but if I switch the front fog lights on the front fog lights and the head / tail lights come on. this seems a bit weird to me I would have thought the rear fog lights were more important than the front fog lights.

Not sure that this answers your question though.