Sat Nav on MMI?

jos163

Good evening all.

As noted in a previous post I have recently exchanged my old Audi A3 for a newer A3 (Tdi SE).

I can the ‘Nav’ option on the MMI but understand that an SD card and licence must be purchased from Audi for the Sat Nav to work.

I approached a local retailer to me the other day and was told it would cost between £600 and £700 

Are there any other options out there to add sat nav to MMI without paying stupid money.

I suppose the other option is a Tom Tom, but silly as MMI is incuded in the Audi.

Thanks.

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Richard unfortunately there's no other way to get the Audi Sat nav to work without going to the main dealer as the car has to be plugged into a computer that links directly to Audi Germany for it to be installed.

Cheers

Steve

Unless this is the newer MMI with Apple's Carplay and Android's version too, I wouldn't waste a penny on it. I have the satnav in my MY15 and it's terrible. I ignore it and use Google Nav on my phone.