2006 Audi A3 2.0tdi 140bhp

George2.0tdi

Hi need some help, my clutch was acting up this morning and was taking about 2 seconds for the pedal to come back up of the floor I just assumed that there is some air in there and it needs a bleed. But not long ago I stopped at the shop and when getting back in the car to go again the clutch is stuck at the top and will not go back down, I’ve pushed it quite hard but not hard enough to damage anything, and still no movement. The car still goes in to gear when its running but doesn’t move anywhere ovbs. Some one help me please 😭

I've never heard of a hydraulic clutch becoming solid, so I suggest some diagnostic tests to find out where the problem is.

[1] Open the bleed valve and push the pedal. If it goes down then the master cylinder is probably OK. If it does not you have found the problem.

[2] Close the bleed valve, top up the reservoir, then disconnect the push rod from the slave cylinder. Push the pedal again. If it goes down then the slave cylinder is probably OK. If it does not you have found the problem.

[3] If 1 and 2 are OK the problem must be the clutch itself, and it will have to be removed for examination.

Edited by cliffcoggin
Typing error.

• 4 weeks later...