Possible Clutch Problem

mariomtti

Hi All,

I have a 2012 Audi A5 SB 2.0 TDI two weeks and I have what appears to be a grindly clutch -> only way I can describe it!!

When I first received the car I figured it was me just getting used to the clutch.

When I push the clutch into the floor I can feel a grinding sensation and I can start to hear this now (very very faintly). Nothing wrong with gear changes or gear slips or anything like that its purely just like a grindy pedal which is becoming worse. Its not present when the car is off - clutch is smooth as silk when off!

Any ideas?

Thanks all,
Mario

That’s a shame, nightmare when you get new wheels and something developed quickly like this. My gues by description is the clutch bearing or the clutch it’s self along with the dual mass fly wheel is on its way out. 

Did you buy it from a garage? If you did take it back now under their warrantee

Hello Mario,

Sorry to hear of your problem. Can I ask if you experience any feeling of ‘pulsing’ or roughness at the clutch pedal when you start to depress it? 

I would support Dan’s view that this could be associated with the release bearing, but hopefully not the flywheel, but....

Where you bought it, and how it was described in the advert is important, even if it was a private sale. This why it is not so uncommon to see vehicles advertised as simply:- ‘Starts, stops, drives’. 

It is always difficult to diagnose faults without examining the car, and if it were mine, I would be first seeking advice from a trusted local garage. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Guys,

Thanks for coming back to me.

@Dan yep bought via a garage and contacted them already. They are taking her in on Tuesday to check it out.

@Gareth nope I dont feel any pulsing. Roughness is actually a better description then grinding tbh... bought from a garage. 88,000km on her about 56k miles with service history.

Will bring her on Tueaday and update you guys. Hopefully its nothing too crazy

Mario