Help!

Sam22

I have an Audi A1 on finance, I can’t afford the car anymore due to personal reasons! I have 3 years left on my deal with a ballon payment at the end. 

The Portsmouth and Southampton Branch won’t take the car back even if I pay the difference of the finance off. 

How do I break this cycle of financing cars? Anyone have any ideas of how I can take my car back? I understand I signed the contract to have it for 4 years but I’m sure lots of peoples financial situations change unexpectedly. 

Any ideas welcome, thank you! 

Sam 

Hello Sam,

I am very sorry to hear of your difficulties, and in my book, I think you are taking a very responsible route with this car, rather than leaving yourself in a situation of unpaid instalments. 

I am certainly not experienced with this, so cannot offer you any meaningful direct advice, but if were in your situation I think I would be starting with the Citizens Advice, and see what advice and support they can suggest. 

I really hope you can sort something out. 

Good luck and kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thank you Gareth,

That’s a good idea, never even thought to speak to them. I’ll give it a go! 

Thank you for your time and advise! 

Kind regards, 

Sam

• Like 1