SD Card won't play all the files on it

TJD

Hi all,

I spent most of the weekend adding music to the SD Card for the car. Ive had a number of tracks on their for awhile now and its worked well, but wanted more for a long car journey this week. I added about 400+ tracks to the already partially full SD Card. When I put it into the car, most of the new tracks don't show up. Its not doing the 'greyed out cannot play' thing, the files just don't show up. Ive checked the SD card is my laptop and all files are there and play. Anyone else had this problem?

I'm using an 8GB SD Card with MP3 files.

• 3 months later...

I’ve been having endless problems with getting voice control to find artists on my usb drive after I added more files. I saw a post on another forum that suggested the greying out happened if you added or amended files. There is also some discussion about a maximum number of files for it still to work and some files being greyed out due to protection rights. The post suggested clearing the card/usb drive and loading again. A previous drive I had that worked was 88GB so the number of tracks you are talking shouldn’t be an issue.... good luck