Oil pressure warning

chrisjpearson84

Absolutely Cliff. I’m on the same wavelength as you and If this were mine Chris, I would be treating the warning as a signal that you indeed have low/zero oil pressure until you prove otherwise. That respect would extend to certainly not using the car until the actual oil pressure was checked. Anything regarding a sensor being at fault must remain pure assumption until proved to be correct. 

Kind regards,

Gareth, 

3 hours ago, cliffcoggin said:

A faulty pressure switch is the most likely cause, but have you considered that it might be a genuine warning?

Thank you very much for your advice I’m getting my car looked at so will soon know what’s wrong thank you 

• 1 year later...
On 4/11/2019 at 10:42 PM, chrisjpearson84 said:

Thank you very much for your advice I’m getting my car looked at so will soon know what’s wrong thank you 

Hi Chris.

What was the fix in your case?

Hello Octavian,

The poster hasn’t returned to the forum since the day he joined some 9 months ago. I would suggest you send him a PM. 

Perhaps you would be kind enough to let us know the outcome if you have a reply.

Kind regards,

Gareth.