Cabrio roof sitting uneven

Ste Kelly

The passenger side of my roof doesn't close down properly. Theres a gap between a quarter or an inch to a half an inch it sits up from the I shaped part of the seal. The drivers side sots right down in to the seal.

I can head noise coming in from the gap at speed.

Is this something that can be adjusted or is the roof twisted or similar?

Cheers

20190418_183628.jpg

• 1 year later...

Getting back to this after more than a year. Roof is still the same but now Im frequently getting the alert that the roof is open, usually starts after going over a bump. So its something I need to address. 

If anyone has an ideas or knowledge on the roof mechanism and if theres something that can be adjusted itd be much appreciated.

When the roof is closing, the passenger side is about an inch behind the drivers side.

You've done well to drive this for over a year without issue. I wonder if the locking mechanism has failed on the passenger side. I'd be getting bit liked at by a garage asap as youll be putting extra strain on the driverside clamp. 

Cheers

Steve

Cheers. My issue is trying to find someone competent here (Ireland) that knows what they are doing. 

The lock seems to be working, I can see it operating just as it closes. Whats happening is just at the point the driver side gets to the point its down and the 2 locks start moving to lock in under the pins in the top of the windscreen, the passenger side is visibly higher.

This is a video I took of the passenger side. When the rain stops Ill get another one from the back seat showing the full width

Yeah, I've tried it a couple of ways. Putting pressure as it's closing as well as when it's closed seeing will it click down but no joy, it springs back up.

Im remembering now that when I first got it there was a bit of a clunk when operating the roof, but I'm nearly sure it was the roof storage area cover and it was fouling on the hinges, I've memories of taking plastic covers off them and not having issues anymore. 

I do most things myself on my cars so I'm not above diy'ing it if it's something that can be adjusted. I'm wondering if I pay for some access to one of the sites that let you use etka (any recommendations?) And had the mechanism diagram in front of me is there something I can adjust.

• 4 weeks later...

Update , but not in the sense anything got sorted.

On closer inspection, the roof is actually sitting to the right so is off on the side to side axis rather than up and down. On the drivers side, where it sits properly in the seal, the roof is sitting a few mm outside the A pillar and on the passenger side its sitting a few mm inside, so im guessing this is the issue. Im still at the point where I need to try adjusting the roof to move it left so Im going to see about stripping back the headliner at the back and seeing if theres any adjustment in it. 

Driver.jpg

Passenger.jpg

My issue is that I cant seem to get any recommendations for somewhere. I'm in Ireland. I've tried a couple of different motoring forums here and no one seems to know anywhere I can go.