Radio differences?

Ste Kelly

Im toying with the idea of an eBay sngle din Concert that my car originally came with.

lots seem to have the Bose pin on the pinout diagram. Seeing as mine didnt have Bose and that pin isnt populated on the loom anyway would it make a different getting one of those or do I need one that isnt labelled Bose on the pinout?

So got myself a radio. Stuck it in with the rapaired cabling I have done so far and all is well as far as the radio powering on, display shows on the dash too. Rear speakers working fine. Just the fronts to sort. Ive 6 wires on the car to match to the 6 from the front loom on the radio (the radio has the 6 wires on 4 pins in the middle 4). I can get sound from the front speakers by having a guess at the config, so I know they work. Just need to get it right. The dash tweeters worked fine but both were on regardless of which way I set the balance . 

20190424_231947.jpg

20190424_232117.jpg

20190424_232050.jpg

9 minutes ago, The Brummie Mechanic said:

Yeah, I had downloaded a pic of the sticker a  couple of weeks ago when I started to try repair the wiring. 

My issue is that the wiring had been butchered by a previous owner. I was left with the original black plug (with 3 wires) and a mess of wires , some of which were routed through the foam covered thing in the pic. I got new connecters off eBay from a scrapper. I wired the longer black one that has the rears wired off it to its loom matching the colours. I was left with 2 extras on the car loom that didnt have matching ones on the long radio plug. Thats the pic above with the 2 wires. Then I was left with a loom on the car with 4 bare wires (other pic above) to match to the brown plug that came with 6 wires coming out of it in the 1st pic above. As you can see they are different colours and guages from the wires in the plug 

s-l1600.jpg

20190329_185443.jpg

Tell you what I'll do, I'll pull my concert out and take pics of the plugs to help identify your wires, I'll do it in the morning when I have some light ok?

Mine is factory so won't have been messed with, all I have done is added a phone kit and used the CD changer input for an aux lead. But otherwise stock.

Speak tomorrow.

Just on my wiring for the fronts. What I have on the brown plug for the radio is:

Right Front positive pin is a brown cable with a blue stripe

Right Front negative pin is a thick green cable with a blue strip and a thin green cable with a blue stripe

Left Front positive pin is a thick brown cable with a green stripe and a thin brown cable with a green stripe

Left Front negative pin is a blue cable with a yellow cable

What I have on my loom in the car is 4 cables, that have to have originally had a brown plug for the front is:

Black with a blue stripe 

Green with a yellow stripe 

Green with a blue stripe  

Purple with a yellow stripe

The last 2 I have are on the loom that go to the long plug that has the rears and other stuff on 

a yellow cable 

A grey cable (actually think its more white when looking at it rather than in the pic) 

Last, but not least, this is the thing the speakers were (badly) wired through when I got the car.

It's the foam covered yoke in the pic below the radio pinout picture.

20190507_133312.jpg

20190507_133309.jpg

Went back at the wiring again today. Figured out the wires ( I think) . Went with the thicker ones and matched them to the cables that would have had the brown loom on it. That left me with the 2 smaller cables one the new brown loom .

I have sound from the tweeter on the dash. 

That left me with a Right Front negative and a left front positive from the new loom to match to the 2 wires left on the car loom, a yellow and a grey. 

if I connect either of the ones on the car side to either of the ones on the radio loom, I get sound from the front door (just the bass ) . If I touch the 2 worse on the car together with 1 on the radio loom it gets heavier so both working then. But if I try connecting the 2 on the car loom to the 2 on the radio it cuts out altogether from those speakers. 

so now I have the 2 wires on the car loom connected together with one of the ones on the radio loom and the other one on the radio loom taped up. All seems to be working from what I can tell.