Dutchie with C5 Allroad

stefan2m

Hello everyone, new to the forums, currently the owner of a 2001 Allroad 2.7t tip.
I'm Stefan, 35 years of age, from and in the Netherlands (near the TT circuit), and being a truck driver I burn lots of diesel for a living.
Mostly active on a few facebook groups, currently looking for information I'm not finding there (will post another topic in the right forum after this).
The Allroad is Atlas grey, love the engine but do not feel confident the transmission will put up with a remap, so soft coding it into sport mode is all I'm doing... looking into a facelift C6 Allroad 3.0 tdi to replace it, as I'm not seeing more than 19mpg combined granny footing it and growing quite sick of the weekly fuel bill (especially since I can fill up with diesel at a discount price at work).

Welcome to the forum Stefan, you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂

i do love the c5 all road, definitely the best version in my opinion. You've got a good engine too 🙂

cheers

Steve

Love this car, had a S4 before with this engine (remapped, straight exhaust) and it’s just so effortless, was sporty in the S4 and comfortable in the Allroad. 

Going for a diesel though, took on a job further away from home earlier this year. 

I’m, due to a road tax change next year over here (+15% for non-factory dpf fitted diesel vehicles), going to ‘have’ to buy a diesel with a dpf. 

As far as I know that leaves me with a facelift C6, also because I want to avoid the older 3.0’s with the weaker chain and injectors (the latter iirc only on the early ones). 

The C5 AR might be the better capable off roader, but it’s my commuter and it only sees a sand trail once every few weeks when I feel like searching for one on a weekend drive... so that is not a problem for me; I do however like the modern look of the C6 interior, it’s mmi and controls. Just a bit concerned about the timing chain on the CDYA and ZF’s 400Nm rated 6HP19 transmission mated to a 500Nm engine (and my desire to remap, bringing that up to around 575-600Nm).