Seeking advise

Evening all! New to the forums and new to Audi ownership.

i have recently bought a 2015 Audi A4 2.0 TFSI S Line, now despite having difficulty with the dealership I have a couple of concerns with the car - firstly the car sounds like a diesel despite being petrol and after getting Audi to check this I was advised they are happy with this and falls within their level of acceptance, secondly is the fuel consumption, I filled up yesterday and had a range of 240 miles after a short drive home last night and short drives to and from work today I now have a range of 190 miles. I estimate to have done more than 10 miles since filling up and due to driving in built up areas I haven’t exactly been thrashing the car it’s even set in eco mode. Does this sound right? Has anybody else expierience similar? I also have a 400bhp focus ST which at this point I think is better on fuel than my Audi 😩

Any help is appreciated 

Hello Stuart, 

Personally, I wouldn’t be too worried about fuel consumption at the moment, and concentrate on your concerns about the sound of the engine - although there may indeed be a connection between the two. 

If this were mine, I would be informing the supplying dealer that you intend to have an independent assessment of the engine, and will report back to them with a copy of the findings of that report. Of course, you will have to pay for this, but if your suspicion is proved correct then you should be able to claim this back from the dealership. 

Kind regards,

Gareth.