Jayjay90

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help. I cam to my car yesterday morning (Audi a3 8p 57 reg 1.9 tdi) and all was fine, used it in the afternoon and I had the door open warning light on the dash, and in the evening I had nothing on the drivers side of the car, both drivers doors will not unlock on the fob or via the key, I also have no comfort controls on the drivers side either. I think it may be a fuse but I cant get the door open to check. Has anyone experienced this before or know how I can get the door open? I'm not the smallest of guys and climbing through the passenger side is killing me. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you 

Jay

Hi check the purple wire in the front door hinge wiring harness, that is the main communication wire for the door modules on that side. It's probably broken. Also while you are in there you may aswell check for splits in other wires and repair them too. Very common.

The purple wire in question if memory serves me well is actually a purple wire with a black trace. Been a while but it is common. Lots of people misdiagnosed these with door module failure but I would always check the wiring first! 

Let us know how you get on and if the wiring is ok give us a shout and I'll guide you to what to test next.