To rollback or not

den9112

Hi, i pick up a 2012 plate A3 1.6tdi cabriolet mid next week ,it as 76k on clock with full history and just the one owner .

I know the car had the updated emission software done in Feb 2017 ,previous owner tells me she as had no issues with the car whatsoever and i have no reason to doubt what she says as its makes no odds to her either way , i have owned a 1.6tdi that as not had the fix so i should have a good idea what to expect when i eventualy drive it but i have found someone who can rollback the software ,price is decent for possible piece of mind etc...Dilema is do i have it done now or if the fix was going to cause issues it may well have showed or would the rollback cause any issues on a car that i am told is running fine ..I may be overthinking things and worrying over nothing but since i found someone to do the rollback its got me swaying to the get it rollbacked ...As any one gone down this route that can give any advice ...Thanks

Hello Dennis,

I notice you have re-posted this under a different heading, and having done so, let’s hope you will have more responses than last time you posted it. 

My belief is that you really want to have this car ‘rolled back’ as you call it, despite being told that the recall has not presented any issues, and you might hopefully find someone on here who might agree with your logic. I really hope you do. 

Meanwhile, my solitary opinion remains - if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, and don’t worry about it.

I just wonder that if you do indeed follow your wish and get someone to play with it, and you subsequently find it is no longer free from issues, what will you intend to do then? Indeed you will then have something to worry about. 

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

8 minutes ago, Magnet said:

if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, and don’t worry about it.

Normaly this is the way i would normaly think ,maybe i am just a tad paranoid at the moment and maybe once i am up and about in the car i may think differently..

Yes your right if i revert back to a original/older software then  that in itself could cause its own problems after the car as been running over two years with the EA189 update i just dont know....