Q2 35 TFSI S-Tronic: no power from cold

mpfisher

My new Q2 exhibits serious lack of power when I try to drive off with the cold engine. Only after a minute or two the engine springs to life.
Is this some thing I should be worried about? This is my first petrol car and any help will be much appreciated.
The car has done 200 miles. It is 35 TFSI engine with S-Tronic gearbox.

Cheers,

Peter

Hello Peter, 

Sorry to hear of your problem with the car. 

‘Is this something I should be worried about’? In a nut shell Peter, you (should be in caps) should not be worried about this, but your action should be to worry the supplying dealer with the problem to ensure it’s resolved to your satisfaction without delay while they suplly you with a courtesy car - while they do. 

This could be associated with a lean fuel mixture, but you really don’t have to concern yourself about the reason, but just making sure it’s resolved to a reliable conclusion.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• 3 months later...

Hi there have you resolved your power issue?

I have just had a 1.5tfsi Q3 and had this issue. I can almost describe the initial few moments as a kangaroo motion.

It is a known fault with all 1.5 petrol engines in audi, VW etc and there is a software patch that has just come out. It's not mechanical its your ECU.

Google Audi kangaroo issue and you will see how a massive issue it is and they are not recalling car, simply sorting out those that complain.  Patch came out Fri and I had mine done and it's like a new car.