A4 B8 3.0 TDI quattro higher on one side

Malo01

Hi Everyone,

My name is Simon, I have just joined the forum as a proud Audi owner, nice to meet you all.

I own a 2014 Audi A4 B8.5 3.0TDI quattro Avant with sports suspensions (but not air suspensions), I love it, but something bothers me.

I have recently noticed that the rear passenger side suspension is 1cm higher than the rear driver side by measuring the distance between the center of the wheel and the wheel arch on many flat surfaces with the same result. The car never had an accident.

I brought it in at an Audi dealer, they found out that the left rear damper has been replaced under warranty in 2018 before I bought the car so they said that the problem could be because one damper was new and the other still "old".

Replaced the right damper (the "old" one), the issued was not solved, still 1cm higher on the left. Replaced the springs with new ones, issue still there.

Verdict: The car is fine, up to 1cm difference between suspensions is tolerated by Audi and considered normal.

Has anyone noticed or experienced anything like this? I know it's not a massive issue but should I just accept it and leave with it?

I have tried to search for the same issue but I haven't found anything like this, sorry in advance if this was already discussed.

Simo