Fitting dash cam - fuse box location

Maxi

Hi all - long time lurker, first time poster.

As the title says, trying to fit a NextBase dashcam as a hard-wired unit and I've come across a couple of challenges. Firstly, fusebox location - according to the manual, the driver's side box is under the 'clutch' pedal rest plate and is accessed by popping a cap off then using a screwdriver but danged if I can find anything like that on the pedal. Without trying to physically wrench the pedal cover off, I can't see any way of getting underneath it. I have also checked on the dash side panel and there are no fuses there, nor are there in the footwell that I can see.

Second challenge is that I can access fuses on passenger footwell but can't see anywhere to earth the cable to. I have enough choice of fuses to be useful but the space is so limited, I can't figure out how to earth.

So question(s) is - what / where is the best way to hardwire for my car (2019 S-Line 40 TDI with technology pack). I'll post a couple of pictures later to see if that helps.

Thanks in advance

Quick update - ignore the manual ! The 2 sets of fuses are both on passenger side (RHD) with one in the footwell and the other is under the dash side panel. The latter has much better access and has an earthing point as well. Once I found that, was 20 mins to route the cables,wire in to MMI fuse and job done !

Now just need to work out the various settings on the camera and figure out why it doesn't connect to phone on WiFi to download videos. But that's a minor point and sure can be easily sorted later.

• 4 months later...

For anyone reading this and having issues finding a fuse that goes off with the ignition, you have to switch the ignition off and wait around 2 to 3 minutes before you test any fuses. For me it ended up being an empty slot the top row in the passenger footwell.

2019 Audi A6 S-line,  Tech-pack

Mini tap fuse.

Note, I tried a few before I found out the information one of which caused a lot of error codes on the dash... fine now though.

• 2 years later...