Q5 non folding mirrors

CPO01
聽Share

Hi all,

Thanks for creating such a great forum.

I have a question regarding the door mirrors on my month old Q5. Stupidly, I didn't realise that the door mirrors do not fold in, which seems crazy to me on such a wide vehicle and given its price. Is there a kit out there that can convert my mirrors to folding mirrors?

I have the mirrors where the mirror moves and is heated, and the mirror body has those blinking warning LED's in when a vehicle is coming on the blind side.

Thanks in advance 馃榾聽聽

• 2 weeks later...

When I got my 2015 Q5, the mirrors didnt retract, the guy I got it from realised that it was to do with the key fob. Apparently only one had been fully set up and I was using the other one. I tried the other fob and Voilla, theyand everything else worked. It tells you in the manual how to do it, but take it to the dealer if your unsure.

John

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply but unfortunately I'm not so lucky 馃槥

The vehicle is just not聽equipped with them. Audi here in Sweden wanted 4500 to retro fit them, and an independent garage 2000.聽

The rest of the car is fine, but after spending 50,000 on a car, I expected it to have folding mirrors. But that is Audi for you !!

• 1 month later...

How does one check to see if the door controllers are compatable for the folding mirrors?聽聽

Looks like I have to do this job聽myself as the Audi dealers are not interested.聽