Rainwater boot leak A3 2015

boomer

Bought an A3 2015 last week, I noticed the rear seats were damp to touch, so pulled them out and found a pool of water underneath across the back.

From the rust marks it looks like this has been leaking for some time. I cleared out the boot and found more evidence of rainwater penetration in the spare wheel area, also behind both rear light clusters. The car has had a history of rear end damage and been repaired.

I have cleared out the drain holes in both sides of the boot behind the rear light clusters, is there anywhere else the water may be getting in from?

Any help would be much appreciated.

DSC_1322.JPG

DSC_1323.JPG

DSC_1321.JPG

• 5 months later...

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

hello just found a large puddle of water covering my spare wheel - audi a3 2015 sport back.  I've stripped the spare wheel well and am trying to find the drain to see if it is blocked.  Can you tell me where I can find it?? 

Thanks in advance 

• 2 months later...
On 8/2/2020 at 10:45 AM, deirdrecurls said:

hello just found a large puddle of water covering my spare wheel - audi a3 2015 sport back.  I've stripped the spare wheel well and am trying to find the drain to see if it is blocked.  Can you tell me where I can find it?? 

Thanks in advance 

Check the roof antenna seal

Check the tailgate loom covers on both sides

Fold back seats down and check bottom boot lip seal from inside car with tailgate closed - if see daylight it needs bending up - easy

Check tailgate bottom drain holes are clear

Check Wiper motor rubber seal/bung 

Seen others that have said the spoiler brake light

• 2 years later...

Hi. I had water leaking into my boot. Checked everything and in the end it turned out to be the seal around the fuel filler flap. The water was dripping down inside, down the inner arch and pooling inside the trim. It the overspilled into the wheel well. One Philip screw holds it in from the outside but you have to disconnect the solenoid from the inside. Tube of sealant and she’s sorted 👍