TTRS Rear wheel hub covers - rust

Andy Varey

Good evening 

I have had a 2017 TTRS since November 2017. Throughout this time the rear hub covers have rusted... they have been in the garage to be rubbed down and re-strayed 3 times already, roughly at 6 monthly intervals. Has anyone else had this issue? The rear discs and pads now need replacing due to being contaminated and pitted by the rust debris.

Cheers

Edited by Andy Varey
Updated title

On 6/24/2019 at 8:02 PM, Andy Varey said:

Good evening 

I have had a 2017 TTRS since November 2017. Throughout this time the rear hub covers have rusted... they have been in the garage to be rubbed down and re-strayed 3 times already, roughly at 6 monthly intervals. Has anyone else had this issue? The rear discs and pads now need replacing due to being contaminated and pitted by the rust debris.

Cheers

Hiya

think its a VW group issue with certain cars. My wife has a golf R and the front and rear are rusty. I’ve a ttrs and I brought Brembo discs for the rear that are pre painted and done 30k miles on them and they still look new. Don’t think there’s anything you can do with OEM ones I’m afraid. I may be wrong.