6 months and 16k of driving - anyone have these issues?

Jasona95jay

I've owned a 68 plate A6 Saloon 2.0TDI S Tronic Sline for 6 months now, picked the car up from new and have now done around 16000 miles. The car has been almost faultless throughout but recently I've notice a few little issues that are really annoying, just wondered if anyone else has experienced similar:

• A rattle from the dashboard that is driving me crazy, I can't seem to locate it anywhere!
  • On occasions and in particular if i start the car up again straight after driving it, some of the electrical systems become disabled for no reason. It affects the main beam assist, pre sense, automatic wipers, automatic headlights.
  • I have two mobile phone, both are which are connected to the car and from time to time when driving the bluetooth disconnects for no reason and leaves me fumbling to try and connect them in the event of a phone call!!
  • Finally and my biggest pet hate is the Audi pre sense! I've turned it down to its least sensitive setting but its still so intrusive and slams the brakes on for no reason! Is there a way of turning this off completely?

Its going in for its first service next week so I'll be reporting these issues to the dealer but I just wondered if anyone is having similar issues and if so have they been resolved?

A61.jpg

• 3 months later...

if you dont mind me asking... how much was your service?

And also in terms of the main beam assist, pre sense, automatic wipers, automatic headlights issues, did the dealers says what the issue was? Mine has just recently started doing this?

Jason, Mine is 2018 Model as well 40TDI SLine. done 20,00kms thankfully no rattles, but have seen posts from other users with same problem. the  main beam assist, pre sense, automatic wipers, automatic headlights issues seems to be a common communications problem which Audi have yet to solve, will normally disappear on a restart. I use apple car play all the time with the usb lead plugged in so no problem there and never had any issues with the pre Sense, only happened once since i got the car and that was when i got a bit to close to a cyclist. Great car though but for a premium motor these issues should be corrected.

NEW AUDI A61.jpg

My car is at the garage for a few days for software updates and I also have a rattle that seems to come from the centre speaker , the technician said a software update could cure the rattle which I doubt because it only rattles on certain types of road surfaces , and these road surfaces don’t have to be particularly rough.

Also gearbox is very poor , jumping two gears and then over revving of the engine when this happens , this is my first Audi auto so waiting to see the outcome of the so called software update.

• 1 month later...

2018 50tdi S Line Quattro ...... currently mileage at 3,400 ..... perfect for 10 months but now the exact same errors you mention, come up on start up .... according to dealer, computer system situated beneath passenger seat is not starting and linking to main computer hence errors on start up ..... Germany aware and software update being written and tested .... should be rolled out January ?

ps ..... I took out a full service / maintenance / tyres agreement costing me £40.02 a month ..... already used it for oil service and replacement tyre.

options added when ordered ....

adaptive air suspension ..... natural grey ash inserts .... spare wheel .... privacy glass .... full leather interior with front sports seats.

509C03AB-3F6E-4EE5-8ECB-C47A79F52178.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Just completed 1000miles in my new 50TDI Q BLK Avant. I did get the same rattle you are talking about. Seemed to come on after using max a/c. After a short while I found that pressing and pushing on the plastic panels either side of the steering wheel below the instrument binnacle cured the problem. I think it is a case of the plastic moving near the edges. A push helps it ‘seat’ better. The effect of max a/c may have had the effect of causing some contraction and resultant creaks. All ok now. 

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have had the rattle from the centre console, this issue is the gap between the bottom centre console and the upper console. There is a fix for this but you need to take it into the garage. I have also had issues with the headlights, I have the auto main beam LED system where it switches on and off different LED's to give max coverage, been getting a lot of other drivers flashing me, took it in to then garage and they have dropped the hight but still getting flashed.

I also have a problem when taking a very slow tight turn, it feels as if the front wheels are braking loose from the ground, has anyone had this issue? I also think that the car has very poor traction when pulling away from junctions when the road is slightly damp, the front wheels start to spin but the traction control system does not activate!!

My car is the New 68 reg Avant 40 TDI front wheel drive.

Car coming up to a year old and I have recently had the pre sense, auto dip etc etc error pop up a few times. At first i thought it was because of all the cr*p on the winter NE scotland roads/car interfering with the sensors/cameras but after reading this I doubt that may be the cause.

Did any of you manage to get a fix for this during your recent services? 

• 1 month later...

Hi Jason,

I have had all of these issues and Audi are still trying to fix them. In total they have had my car for a total of 4 weeks and all issues are still not resolved. The dealership also bumped my car whilst at the garage and did not own up to it!!!

Not happy at all, my previous A6 was faultless and such a great car!

Sorry to be so negative but not the service you want from an Audi dealership.

Hi, 

If you look at my other post on this forum, you'll see the wide range of issues i'm currently having with mine- including some of the ones you have raised. I'd be interested to hear your comments on them! 

I've had mine for 3 months- 5k miles and cant wait for the day I get rid of it already. 

• 4 weeks later...

A6 45 TFSI Quattro Black - 900 miles so far

Having swapped from my 2018 A5, I am really irritated by the tech in the new A6. It seems to be trying too hard to be clever, but full of glitches. Phones connect and disconnect at will; Apple CarPlay works one day and not another; and occasionally the whole system seems to reboot, with the two main screens going black for a short while!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

HI

2019 40Tdi S Line AVANT from Audi Warrington

Ive had this rattle within weeks of picking up my car in Oct 19. Took it back and to be fair, they fixed it. 3 days work taking out the dash but said it was a known issue and covered the work. However during lockdown it has returned. I also have the same start up failures on the lights etc - getting worse and also does not reset if I stop start the car - including exiting and locking it. I had this when I first took it back and was told it was a new fault and they were writing an update in Germany but not available yet. I believe i have now had this happen around 25 times, including for a full 270 mile trip!

Finally - I now have the drivers side rear reading light that is touch activated randomly turning itself on and off whenever it wants.

Anyone else with these faults or an update on what Audi are doing about them? Its booked in for Friday but lockdown is a PITA - no loan car and I live 40 mins from the dealer. Ive told them Im not taking it back until these are fixed, but that leaves me with no car....

Thanks