Clutch Trouble and where do i find one

AzWinnie

Hi,

So i was out driving earlier and my clutch decided it wants to start slipping , its a 2004 (53 reg) audi a3 2.0 fsi, where do i find out if its a normal clutch or a dual mass? Any advice would be much appriciated

I did want to edit the topic but it wouldnt let me, its a dual mass clutch i was told, and my brother in law said it wasnt that hard to do, he done one a few weeks back so only have to pay for the part

Hello Aaron, 

When you check on the cost of clutch parts with Audi, then you are unlikely to buy genuine parts - even when you take into account the reimbursement on your returned old components. 

If you decide to go down the route of aftermarket parts, then the only ( in caps.) make I would use would be LUK, with no exceptions in my book. Shopping around - even on eBay should lead you to be able to buy LUK kits at prices competitive enough not to bother with any other aftermarket make anyway. 

It’s always worth investing the DIY savings on the best of parts.

Good luck and kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hello Aaron, 

When you check on the cost of clutch parts with Audi, then you are unlikely to buy genuine parts - even when you take into account the reimbursement on your returned old components. 

If you decide to go down the route of aftermarket parts, then the only ( in caps.) make I would use would be LUK, with no exceptions in my book. Shopping around - even on EBay should lead you to be able to buy LUK kits at prices competitive enough not to bother with any other aftermarket make anyway. 

It’s always worth investing the DIY savings on the best of parts.

Good luck and kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi, 

yes euro car parts quoted me 249.99 for a complete luk clutch kit, my brother in law works in a garage so it will hopefully be alot cheeper

• Like 1