Front Nearside Suspension Issues/ Noises

Dan Spencer

Good Evening Ladies & Gents,

I’ve noticed my front nearside suspension is creaking. The creaking is becoming more frequent as time goes on and before I begin buying parts I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of where it could be coming from? 

Also, since this issue has occurred, when driving around 70mph the steering wheel begins to shake. Could this be linked to it as well? 

Please see the attached video!

Thank you! 

Hello Dan,

Sorry to hear of your issue. Despite your good description and the video - not wishing to appear unhelpful - but I think there would only be a very slim chance of correctly identifying the source of the noise without actually examining the car. 

If this were mine, I would be nipping the car down to a trusted local independent tyre supplier - as a start - and seeking their advice. The vibration through the steering wheel is typical of wheel balance problems, but personally, I would not assume this is the cause without first having the wheel and tyre inspected. Such issues could be due to tyre damage or defects, so there would be some urgency in my book, in getting the car examined. 

‘....the before I go buying parts’ bit is very meaningful, since if you cannot personally identify the offending issue and you do not seek independent advice, then it becomes obvious that there will be an increased potential to be spending unwisely. 

In a nutshell Dan:- I think your best chance of a correct diagnosis rests with getting the car inspected locally. 

Good luck and kind regards,

Gareth.