Glass break sensor

Gmt

Hi this my first post so here goes ,i have a Audi A4 avant [2010] i have had it for 3 years with no trouble but the alarm has started to go of when the car is parked ,it seams to be when the car is parked in the sun  , i took it to a local garage to have the code read and it came up with 01403 glass break sensor rear  ,has anyone had a similar problem and if so where is the sensor in the car and can it be replaced or turned off many thanks graham

Hi 

The glass brake sensor is a very thin copper track which runs round the tailgate window there are two terminals at the bottom of the window one of them has probably corroded off so just take the other off strip back the wire and join together. This will fix the alarm fault 🙂

Hi i found the 2 wires bottom of the tailgate window cut them and joined the wires together and i thought i had fixed the problem until the next evening then the alarm went off again , it seems to go off at about 7pm when the back of the car is in full sun , anything else i can try many thanks graham

• 1 year later...