Replacing bumper light on 2017 Q5

John Bottom

Hi - does anyone have any advice on how to change the bumper light? I bought a replacement for about £50 and thought fitting it myself would be better than paying Audi £300. However, the back of my car is (I now realise) subtly different to all the ones shown on YouTube how-to videos. The panel that gives access to the famously well-hidden screw is different. On my car it is not directly under the light. 

Any advice on how to locate the screw? It seems impossible

Many thanks in advance

back of car.jpg

Screenshot 2019-07-07 at 13.33.01.png

Screenshot 2019-07-07 at 13.37.44.png

I think you may not be seeing the screw. You have removed the cover on the bumper, so lay on the floor and look up into the hole and at the top you should see the head of the 'Phillips' screw. Unscrew it, but it does not come fully out, and you will then be able to pull the light unit away from the bumper. To refit, enter the side furthest away from the screw hole into the bumper, then gently press the the light unit into place, hold it in place and screw the screw in.  The screw it right up in the top of the hole.